Vozdvizhenskoe ecopark  

| English version

 
  Location Plans Ecosystem Sertificate Foto Gallery History  
 

 

 

 

    Vozdvizhenskoe village is located on the Russian Golden Ring near the Yaroslavl highway. It was called by the name of the Vozdvizhenskiay church constructed there.

    In 1380 on Vozdvizhensky hill Grand Duke Dmitry Donskoy had a rest before Kulikov battle and after that he gained the victory over Tatar yoke.

    There was one of the travelers palaces where czar and czarina stopped to have a rest on the way from Moscow to Trinity Cloister.

    According the chronicle Ivan the Terrible stopped at Vozdvizhenskoe on 1540 year.

    The village was the property of prince Radonezh and till the end of XVIII century was the state property. In 1804 czar Pavel Ist presented village to guardsman Gruzinov. Then owners of the village changed often.

    Presumably the first wooden church in the village was constructed at the times of the Sergis of Radonezh. At present church continues to work.

Sergius of Radonezh

Our venerable father Sergius of Radonezh was a leading Russian monk in the fourteenth century who founded the Holy Trinity monastery north of Moscow. He is much revered and has a special place in Russian monasticism and the nation of Russia. An ascetic, he was deeply humble and had a firm faith in God's help. After his glorification the monastery he founded became known as the Holy Trinity-St. Sergius Lavra.

 

Icon of St. Sergii Radonezhsky

Icon of St. Sergii Radonezhsky written for Abramtsevo church by Viktor Vasnetsov, 1882.